The blog here is getting rusty again. I just thought to myself the other day, there is nothing much that I can write about. Sometimes I thought, rather than babbling about something useless, it's better if I don't write at all, yet, until I can come up with something better, a new idea or something, to write about.
This is a bilingual blog. Sometimes it's in English, sometimes it is in Malay, sometimes a mix. A true lover of Bahasa Melayu definitely won't like such a mix, also called rojak. Maybe sometimes rojak seems to make no sense, oh other than literally the rojak food itself which isn't something I am that big a fan of although I still eat it sometimes. The definite reasons for writing in English and why I like English sometimes - I can't put a finger on them, or explain it much. I just like English sometimes. Other times English is too complicated - by the way I think English is a complicated language, I never said it's easy, definitely... Bahasa Melayu memang lagi senang. Bahasa Melayu adalah straight to the point, takde kona-kona, letak imbuhan jadi makna lain, perkataan asas mudah nak ingat, walaupun perkataan dalam Bahasa Melayu kadang-kadang panjang sangat nak sebut (antara sebab amik English kadang-kadang). Contohnya... brooch dan kerongsang. Ada je orang yang sebut kerongsang, tapi bandingkan perkataan 3 suku kata ni dengan brooch yang kira 1 suku kata memanglah senang lagi sebut brooch. Untuk English pulak tak semestinya format penggunaan kata-katanya sama je untuk tiap jenis ayat... ah, nak terangkan pun aku tak reti.
But what was that? A language lesson? I am not qualified. All I'm saying is, I still love my first language, I also still like English. But to me they have their own flaws. Certain people also ruined it for me, such as by Malay-ing an English word that should not have been, since its pronunciation sucks when transformed. e.g. plagiat. The word sounds weird no matter how you look at it or whatever reasons you created it. Just borrow the English word, what's bad about it?
These days I have started working for my internship. It's an office environment, a small place with no more than 5 people here including me, the permanent employees and the CEO. I have been assigned the project involving commercialization of a bio-pesticide product, now in the middle of handling report completion (compiling data and information from other parties). An intern assigned with a project? It's great that I've had help from the CEO so far. Of course, I'm doing it under her, you can't expect me to handle it all on my own since I'm new. Yeah well, I prefer dealing with lab apparatus actually. Sitting in the office like this is probably not bad, but not much into it for me. Does Ifyani miss the pipettes and chemical reagents of the Monash lab? I guess so.
And Monash just sent me the results yesterday. Alhamdulillah thank God primarily, in short I managed to pass all. Cellular Metabolism was really the deadliest subject anyone could ever encounter, maybe, but I managed to get through it. For anyone who did better than a Pass, well, you people did very well! I envy you all. Heheh. Keep up the good job anyways, everyone! And people, if you didn't manage to do as good as you might have hoped, it's not the end. It has a meaning, seriously. You just have to keep trying! I will, definitely this time, for my final year, try to do better. It's a very important year for me. I won't be a student anymore after that, at least not for a while anymore until I could again continue my studies - which may be more difficult than I thought since I don't really have the money for postgraduate levels just yet. But I'll try my best anyway. I will definitely miss the moment of being a student when I get out, so I should treasure it as much as I could while it's here.
No one can bring us down!
language, work and studies 4.12.09
- 10:07
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ganbate nee!! :D bes tak keje??
heheheh
bosan.
aku rindukan assignment2 monash! haha :D
Post a Comment