when you least expect it 29.12.09

I haven't used them yet, the MPH vouchers. RM150 given by the ever-so-kind Monash University. Given to me last September, now I only have 3 months left to  use it up. I never thought I would be able to use it, since I don't know what kind of books I wanna buy. No need to suggest me any academic books - this is only precious enough for a book you really want to read! Something you would treasure even after you read it.


Lucky enough to get that amount of voucher? Alhamdulillah really. And I never thought I'd get anything free like that in my life. First it started with an email inviting me to participate in a telephone survey. If I would do it, I'd get $50 Amazon Gift Card free as a token of appreciation. It sounded too good to be true, I checked the website offering that first. Then it looks safe, I thought how nice - I won't have anything to lose. And they called me one day, after I gave them my number and suitable time/day. First it sounded weird when I picked up and an Australian was speaking on the other side calling from Hong Kong, and it turned out to be a bad timing as I was out eating at Jusco. She agreed to call me another time. I did my first telephone interview, where she asked me about my experience from wanting to go to an Australian university but could not because I didn't pass my sponsor's requirement (THANK YOU MARA) to how my life is at my local campus. The interview was recorded too, man I wondered if they even understood me if they listen to it again. Then it was thank-yous and she said, I will be receiving my Gift Card soon. Cool! I did get it in my inbox, much to my surprise, so it was not a scam or anything. And then came an email in my Monash mailbox weeks later (to shorten the longer story) that suddenly said, please pick up your MPH voucher at the room-number-something-something and ask name-something-something for it. Then I realized that the Amazon thing came from that as well. How did I get chosen (along with other few names)? Apparently they chose from the people who took the Monash survey or so, I think anyway, not sure what survey?

So it's USD50 and RM150 = over RM300.

So, if you're still in Monash, please do your surveys. Haha, not the point really. Whatever stuff you do from now on, as long as it's not wrong, do it with your heart. (So did I do my surveys with my heart? Ish... not the point here, hehe). Little things you do can get you back something big. Allah may suddenly give you something extra you never thought you will have. It is when you least expect it.

8 comments:

qmarul_bob said...

~iF..nk bli Amazon voucher tu..nk bli buku online..hu3..ak ade idea buku ape ko patut bli gne MPH voucher tu..The Ghost King, by R.A. Salvatore, The Lost Symbol, by Dan Brown, and last skali, Harry Potter and The Deathly Hollow, by J.K. Rowling

Anonymous said...

oh best gile cam tu.tahniah r..kalau ko nak mintak opinion ttg buku, ak cadangkan wandailah org y pling sesuai..

IFyani said...

bob: oh,buat pengetahuan sesiapa yang berkenaan, aku dah guna Amazon tu... guitar tuner and Freedom Writers Diary, heheh. tinggal MPH la skang. nak ikutkan aku tiada meminati buku2 fiction...mungkin menarik, tapi untuk dibeli, mungkin tak.

azuadi: terima kasih... cadangan anda dihargai...

qmarul_bob said...

~when i read your post last time..i hit suddenly..it seem like a long time ago i'm pampered myself in wasting money to buy books (kalo naim bc..mesti die ckp.."hello..last month sampai RM 90 tu ape?")..so yesterday g popular near my house..skimming all the novel title yg ade kt situ (yg ak suggest kt ko tu ak x minat nk bli..only kalo ade duit lebih)..ade satu novel biography about sorang SAS ni..ade citer psl malaysia..trus beli..bkak n bace je..part malaysia tu skit je..die just buat training skejap je kt malaysia..hu3..nyesal bli..

IFyani said...

oh... oleh sebab itu janganlah main beli je buku... hehe. sebab dulu aku main tarik buku, cam menarik je beli, bila dah bace skit dah ilang minat.

lepas ni kena beli yang betul2 aku tau aku boleh baca sampai habis, then mungkin baca lagi skali.

qmarul_bob said...

~dh habis dh baca..best la jgak..cume just citer biography biasa die je..bkan psl exp die as SAS..die bnyk tekan kn kt Post Traumatic Syndrome Disease (PTSD) yg bnyk kwn die alami..n bnyk bunuh diri..k2..dpt tau sumthing..:)

IFyani said...

oh, by the way, SAS stands for what?

qmarul_bob said...

~SAS tu Special Air Service..British nye elite forces..so diorng ni bnyk buat covert operations...antra covert ops die pernah buat nk kwn2 die pernah buat:- lwn komunis kt sempadan thailand-malaysia, tolng orng afghanistan lwn soviet, lwn drug lord kt belize, n infiltrate iraq mase 1st gulf war (ops ni failed, dr brapa2 orng group die masuk..die antra 3 yg hidup..die ade kluar kn buku yg jd best seller dlu..'Bravo Two Zero')..so spatutnye die la kne PTSD..tp die ok je..kwn die lak yg bnyk kne..hu3..(most PTSD diorng cause by gruesome scene or guilt bunuh orng or tgk orng kne bunuh)