"Bangang. Bagi la signal."
Oh, I remember the above quite well. Somehow I kinda miss it these days. They are words of my dad, my abah. Such words are often what I hear when I am in his car, in the passenger's seat, and he is the driver, getting mad at another driver's silly act of driving. Yeah, it's understandable sometimes. But it is also funny everytime I think about it and everytime it happens in action. I won't be hearing those for a while, it doesn't seem like I will be going back home for now. But I do think of them at home.
Oh, yeah, I have been meaning to tell. Something to do with the title of this post which was just what came into my head and so I just put it there, it doesn't describe the whole post's context though. Freedom Writers. Have anyone heard of this story? It's a movie of 2007 starring Hilary Swank. Just that I happen to be eating with Anis at Hasra one afternoon and I watched this a bit from the beginning till about 20 minutes later (had to leave to Monash) and I just knew I had to get it somewhere, as in download. And I liked it. Yeah, writing is a good way to learn to express your feelings. Hilary, a teacher assigned to her classroom of students who had been living with social and gang problems their entire life, decided to give them journals as a way for them to express what they felt, whatever they wanted to say, in the journals, writing once everyday. It was inspired by Erin Gruwell's story who, along with her students, gathered all their journal writings and published them into a book which was published back in 1999. Sure, I never lived in such a society (although Malaysia is already unsafe everywhere we live) - but it sure gets to my thoughts too. Writing probably won't solve your problems, but it sure makes me feel better.
freedom 28.3.09
- 13:04
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
owh..rasenye ak pernah tgk dlu...:)
peh igt ko yg ckp ayt tuh hehe...
buku itu aku rasa aku pernah baca. dekat mana entah. rasanya library sunway. kalau betullah aku baca buku itu.
buku itu seperti jurnal yang ditulis oleh pengarang yang ditugaskan untuk mengajar sekumpulan remaja yang berada di penjara, betul?
at least, itulah yang aku terbayangkan bila aku membaca entri kau.
masa aku baca blog ni, kami baru je balik dr stesyen minyak y namanya freedom
pengarangnya adalah budak2 sekolah, di mana catatan journal diorang dikumpulkan ramai2 dan dibukukan, room 203 wilson high school in long beach california... bukan la orang yang berada di penjara, actually. well.. it could be similar.
stesen minyak freedom? sounds cool. ^^
Post a Comment