I kinda wonder why the need to talk is such an important matter. I kinda passed that thinking now, to stop the 'why' thought from running through the mind all the time.
I found my old PLKN notebook. Ah, it's still around, you're now 4 years old then! We would carry this with us every time it was class time, that usually being in the morning. If there's some talk later in the evening, it's up to you to bring it or not.
i watch her, she talks
she amazes me, i wanna speak like her
i watch her, she moves
she's so enthusiastic, i wanna be like her
i am still me, always will be
That I found on the first page. Forgot that I ever wrote that, but I knew what it meant. Back then I had a friend who was always with me throughout the entire PLKN period, Farrah. I don't remember how it ended up she became my friend, we were in the same dorm. I was like a lost loner on the first day. But I had always wondered; she is really talkative, anything you say to her she'd always something to say back, but that doesn't necessarily mean she's the bad kind of loud nagging person or whatever you say, not that, it's just that she is friendly and talks well. In the end she was 1 of the 3 candidates for the parliamentary seat in our camp. Em, leave it at that, I hate politics. So I wondered why is such a person interested in always being around a quiet person like me back then. Ah I know, because opposites attract, what they say will then be heard from the quiet one well. People like it when others listen to them, and get mad when they don't as if they are ignored. But still, I would always feel like even if I keep listening, they will get bored of me soon enough and leave. That has always happened. But she had stayed with me. And with that, I guess that was why I had other friends too that made us back then, as I saw it, a seven-member group. Because I had a friendly companion, others befriended me as well. In any case I still appreciated knowing them and going through every occasion in the camp with them - it was a whole load of fun.
I like not saying much sometimes, other times I have a lot on my mind to spill. But I kinda hate it when people ask, "are you always this quiet?". Ah, kadang-kadang cakap salah, tak cakap pun salah. Thinking of the bad impression I may leave by saying anything had just made me not say anything at all even though I wanted to say it. Till this day it has become regrettable that I can't speak as much as I hoped to because of the weirdest fear. It has been eating me up, also making me wonder why people generally do not like to befriend quiet people. I know there's a general reason though, it only makes sense but sometimes it's just unfair. If a person stays quiet, people stay away. When that person does talk, suddenly people have this weird "Oh she just talked!" look on their face. That makes it even more awkward. Yeah, some people may like being quiet, nothing wrong with that as it is already comfortable for them. But sometimes some others don't, they hate not being able to speak for some reasons, but they have just been used to it, and also partly because afraid of rejection by the society. When they stayed quiet, they had no real friends. At the end of the day, they are alone. Even if it looks good, all smiley and calm - even as I sat down in a crowd, I could feel alone.
I am telling you - if you don't like something about yourself, you are the only one who could change it for yourself, I hear my twin said to me.
7 comments:
~i like person who dont talk much..does that mean anythng to u?hu3..
the only reason maybe i like people who dont talk much is because it gives me chances to talk a lot..b'coz..when people tell their stories..i tend to become obedient listener..hu3..thts why maybe most of my best friends are those who dont talk much..or open their mouth when important..
talking about been quite..no wonder i like anime character such as mai from avatar the last airbender, kokoro tokunaga from aisheteru ze baby, C.C. and anya alstreim from code geass and mizore shirayuki from rosario....
and they all remember me of you..ha3..:P
talking eh? I always thought that i wasn't the talkative type. but still, it seems that i'm not the silent type either.
anyway, if you didn't like this trait of yours, why don't change it?
and in the beginning, it'll feel weird, for you and people around you.
just give it some time.
People see that I don't talk much kind of a person. Most of the time I do not like it, I have always seen it as a negative thing. Because eventually, people hardly listen when quiet peeps do speak, and tend to be forgotten, as if they have always been invisible. Certain times, well, everyone needs a time off talking and to be on their own.
Well, a change is never too late. People need to make the first step and not expect things to happen to them the way they want it if they never tried.
sometimes i do agree about the 'cakap salah tak cakap salah'(it did happen to me). To stop the confusion, just get back to the very basic thing that we've learned.
Hadis nabi s.a.w menyebutkan: “Barang siapa yang beriman pada Allah dan hari akhir maka hendaklah berkata baik atau lebih baik diam.” HR Bukhari Muslim
see?u hv the options. if by staying silent will keep u from saying bad or @#$%@$% things, isnt that wonderful?why the need of being guilty if we'r on the right track?Allah do watch over us =)
Allah lebih mengetahui
hello someone, thanks for your comment. what you said is quite correct. but I have a preference to hear what people think rather than they keep it to themselves so that I know what I did wrong, and will try to do better in the future.
the thing I hate is when people choose to stay silent with me, but then talk about it in a bad way to someone else. so that's why, if you have to say it, say it to my face.
dont get me wrong. I just want to help u a lil bit in case u felt guilty on staying silent. that's it.
Anyway, the rest is up to you. Never too late to change if u think it is necessary for you to be more talkative than u currently are
oh, I hope what I said didn't sound wrong before. I'm just saying to anyone in general that if they have something to say, just say it. Not you in particular :) Thanks for your comment.
Post a Comment