Hello, Sunday.
Now it has been several days since I left Sunway back to hometown Seremban, that was since Tuesday. Been hit with a viral fever apparently. When I was told this, what came into my mind? Anyone can think of H1N1. I guess all sorts of viruses came into my head and I thought, these are what I learnt before... now they were in my body??
Tuesday: I had taken all Panadol and Kool Fever, the temperature was still quite high I guess although I had no thermometer but I could feel it. Had a headache again. Lay in bed the whole morning, thinking that I was going to go to clinic with Syaa, but plans changed. Really feel like passing out. My dad came in the afternoon later, bought me McDonald's bubur ayam and Milo panas from the Drive Thru for me who had not eaten.
To the government hospital, fearing the H1N1. Oh no! I thought, not this place or anything like it again. The last time I was at a government clinic, I was treated rudely by a nurse and even saw another primary school kid got scolded unnecessarily.
My dad picked me up, and brought me straight to Hospital Besar Seremban. Then what? Man with mask at the emergency counter told me, you can go check your fever at the government clinic instead. I do not understand why these people are putting us through all this hassle; if I am already at the hospital, why send me to a clinic? I mean it's a good thing my dad was there, but what if I didn't come with my own vehicle? How would I go there suddenly? If I am already here, check me already!
To the government clinic. Many people, and I didn't know where to begin. No guide or anything is it? I saw peoplefilling in yellow form (card actually) so I did the same. Put the card with a number given at the counter, and waited for my turn. Waited. and WaITed. and WAITED. Who knew how long really? I fell asleep. Dad woke me up - I already missed my number so went straight to the counter. Off to another room, room 12 for taking temperature. Then, wait again to go to doctor's room number 1. Waited. and WaITed. and WAITED. Slept again, hearing all number being called out. Most significantly satu, sembilan, sembilan, sembilan - aish, sembilan is such a long word! I guess I am getting irritated of waiting that day that I am tired of hearing numbers being called out so much but fails to hear my number. 1033. An older woman suddenly asked me what my number is, waking me up. She complained that the current number has surpassed her own number. Common.... the clinic always jumps numbers from like, 10 to 50 then back to 30 etc. Seconds later, my number was called out when I was gonna go back to sleep on the chair among that many people.
In the room 1 of government clinic. Doctor, nurse and some others. "Dik, apsal lambat masuk?" HUH!!!! Sape yang lambat sekarang ni? Baru masuk lambat 5 saat dah bising, aku dah tunggu berape jam dah ni tibe-tibe nak marah aku plak. My headache wouldn't permit me to get back at them or else I probably would say something back. In the end I was asked to return in another 2 days to get blood check if I still wasn't well after doc prescribed me the medicine. Out of the room, walking to the pharmacy, I realised there was no MC. EH! Aren't they supposed to give me? Dad told me to return. Hmmm...... whattaheck. At the very least doctors should have asked patients whether I needed one, but I was never asked at all and did not remember to ask since I was still having a headache.
In room 1 again, saya nak mintak MC... the doctor scolded me again. APSAL tadi tak mintak? Lerr... cik doktor, bukan ke tugas anda untuk memberikan saye MC? Ni tanye pun tidak... aku tengah saket kepale lak tu... tak considerate langsung ke... aku plak kene marah lagi. Bagi MC pun patient kene mintak, cam kedekut mc, sehari je plak tu.
Moral of the story: Government is slow, government is rude. Most of all, I cannot tolerate being rude.
Talking from experience anyway, not that I purposely wanna hate government staff.
Therefore I, being unwell still the next day, I went to Seremban Specialist Hospital. Another wait to see my Dr. Marina, but at least this was well worth it. A kind doc, talks nicely to patients, does her job well, you don't need to ask for MC she asks you! This time I got another three-day MC. Yeah well not to stress out on that, but what kind of doctor can't do a simple thing anyway? Government or private, I believe all doctors and nurses should treat patients well. So maybe we had to pay for private more, less for government, does that mean worse treatment from government staff?
Ehem. In this case, apparently YES.
Oh well, nevermind. Let's hope I can avoid government places if I could unless the service becomes much better. (I still had to go to government hospitals at least once to twice a year...)
Now, I had a lot of work to do, after a four-day mc.
WeakWhatWekkk.SLOWnRUDE.GOV.my 9.8.09
- 22:31
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
o_O h1N1 berleluasa... jumpa blog ni kat hawaii
xD yeah
Post a Comment