unforsaken memory - part 1 22.9.08

Whoa. As I went back home last Thursday all till Sunday, I found one of my most worthless yet most precious belongings. Worthless, when I look at it with lots of dust and how it looks so simplistic, as if there is nothing important in it. Precious, when open it up and there's so many inside of this thing that I worked hard upon, although it was a strange effort that never really met its end.

Here I found my chocolate-coloured book about 400 pages thick, but I managed to write some lot of about 300 pages in it, basically not using much of anything but a pencil. 300, ya know! It was my national service diary that I began working on 17th April 2006, at which that time I kept telling myself I would write everything I could remember about what I had been through in those 3 months at Kem Seri Perkasa Mantin, Negeri Sembilan, from the simplest matter of what we laughed about in the dorm of about 30 girls late at night before being yelled at to go to sleep up until the detail of every competition that we all entered together. I never finished this writing, then I felt like banging my head against the wall for not being able to do so and finish what I started like I wanted to. I wanted to write every detail I could, coz I really didn't want to forget anything that ever happened there that I shared with those I got to know there.

Opening up pages randomly, already I found something amusing. Something about KJ (Ketua Jurulatih). After Isyak done at the surau (jemaah), we all had to go the hall, listening to the KJ membebel and marah2. We all would sleep in this assembly rather than listen to him. Rather also, I always sleep from the moment he began talking till suddenly I heard the plastic chairs around began moving - KJ had already yelled out his nightly instruction to line up according to your company (group) in 10 seconds. Then I found myself, lining up slowly, till everything was silent, just waiting for KJ to release us to bed. What was amusing here was that maybe twice or so, I fell asleep standing while lining up here at such a time. Yeah! Every 5 seconds we managed to sleep was beautiful. Even for me who slept standing only to wake up being laughed at by other girls around me.

Hah, KJ had a close resemblance to Nabil Fikri in looks and behaviour which I suddenly thought about! No hard feelings. :D


Yo - bad sunburn, sneaked to take pictures in the Kenegaraan class during riadah, the class activities of Kenegaraan were similar to BTN modules.

National service had a deep meaning; I won't ever regret, it taught me things I won't ever forget. Sad stuff often turned to happy thoughts when I remember it, the silliness and patheticness. Lets ya forget bout the truly unmanageable bakarashi problems being tagged to ya in your present life now! Hey, just to name one: poco-poco. Haha~ silly yet it turned out to be fun.

In the future I'll be reminiscing about it again. Hear my plkn blabbing. :D

2 comments:

anak #6 said...

fifi!! :) lupe nak ckp SELAMAT HARI RAYA! maaf zahir dan batin! forgive me for whatever i did to u, even the war between us *cough* haha.. hope u have a great raya and enjoy as much as u can eventho ade assignmentss -.- huhuuu see u after the holidays! :D

IFyani said...

heh... thanks :)